- South Carolina attorney general reviewing Harrell ethics probe (Live 5 News).
- Authorities make arrests in fatal nightclub shooting (News 2).
- Woman says shooting brings back painful memories (ABC News 4).
- Pedestrian dies after hit and run in West Ashley; Investigators find vehicle, but not owner (Live 5 News).
- Hit-and-run victim was special needs student (ABC News 4).
- Dorchester Co. Sheriff’s Office responding to two meth labs (Live 5 News).
- Happy 9th Birthday to Black Magic Cafe! (Facebook).
Are you ready for Brewvival? (Charleston City Paper).
Stop in for BOGO at The Orange Spot (Charleston City Paper).
Best Local Food Gift Ever – Meat! (Charleston City Paper).
- 20 Years for Slightly North of Broad (Eater Charleston).
- New Burris Liquor store breaks ground (Post & Courier).
Gullah-Geechee holiday dinner this Friday (Charleston City Paper).
- Computer, checks, tickets stolen from Lowcountry Orphan Relief (ABC News 4).
- Vote for the Best of the 2013 Blotter (Charleston City Paper).
- Police: Thief attempting to escape officer, taken down by SWAT (Live 5 News).
Police arrest juvenile who sold palmetto roses without a permit (Charleston City Paper).
- Orangeburg fugitive wanted since 2005, located in New York (Live 5 News).
- Suspect wanted for 1997 sexual assault arrested following sheriff’s audit (Live 5 News).
3 men sentenced in Mount Pleasant armed robbery (ABC News 4).
- 2 men sentenced in Mount Pleasant Phone Smart robbery (Post & Courier).
- Police search for two men involved in home invasion (Live 5 News).
- Gamecocks’ Clowney, Quarles named first-team All-SEC (Post & Courier).
- See what South Carolina and Clemson players will be receiving for their Bowl gifts (Sports Business Journal).
- Medal of Honor Bowl Commitments Announced (HCS).
- 21st annual Rotary Roundball Classic has 16 teams, plenty of talent (Post & Courier).
- Chase the Santa – Beat the Grinch Fun Run (HCS).
- Sen. Graham to enroll in Obamacare (Live 5 News).
- King Street H&M Opening on Dec. 19th (HCS).
- Sale in Charleston County: Debt going to the highest bidder (News 2).
- More Pre-K classes coming to CCSD (ABC News 4).
- Millionaires to partner with start-up ideas in the Lowcountry (News 2).
- Garden stuff, guns, and barbecue at inaugural G&G Jubilee (Charleston City Paper).
- SCE&G employees to deliver food baskets to low-income families (ABC News 4).
- Flag flies at full-staff outside Pickens Co. Sheriff’s Office despite presidential order (Live 5 News).
- Over 90 families still need a sponsor, help if you can (Families Helping Families).
- Economists project Charleston-area jobs, income growth in 2014 (Post & Courier).
- The Punch List with Big John Belly’s Mike Schmitt (Metronome Charleston).
- MeadWestvaco closes $1.1B sale, finalizes new venture for Charleston land (Post & Courier).
The Commons makes debut at Heirloom tonight (Charleston City Paper).
- Business leaders spend day in area schools (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- GCSO to participate in ‘Shop With Santa’ Saturday (ABC News 4).
- Woody biomass power generation facilities come online, adding 38 jobs (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Your Neighbors James Island: Ugly Christmas sweater edition (ABC News 4).
- Shoulders to close in Beaufort County for tree clearing (ABC News 4).
Charleston Christmas and Holiday Events (2022 Edition)
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Charleston…well as much as it can. It may not feel wintry,...