- Man barricaded in Wadmalaw home surrenders to deputies (ABC News 4).
- 3 hour standoff (Live 5 News).
Charleston same-sex couple approved for marriage-based green card (Charleston City Paper).
- Yorktown heroes remembered in memorial service (ABC News 4).
- SC extends WIC funding through end of October (ABC News 4).
- Police: Male struck by vehicle, critically injured (Live 5 News).
- Senator: DSS must face questions about child abuse deaths (The State).
- The Senegalese Roots of Southern Cooking by Sean Brock (Food & Wine).
- 300 Charleston Co. 7th graders still don’t have TDAP vaccine proof (ABC News 4).
- Charleston man wins big in the lottery — for the third time (Post & Courier).
Map: What Are the Richest Parts of Town? (Charleston Patch).
- Cops: Man arrested for vandalizing Ravenel bridge claimed to be dying (Live 5 News).
Charleston police apply for $500K predictive policing grant (Charleston City Paper).
- Unstyle: The Edmund’s Oast Beer Program (Eater Charleston).
- SC agency’s investment staff gets $1.4M bonuses (Live 5 News).
- Doctors say now is good time to get flu shot (ABC News 4).
- Some basics on the bountiful bats (News 2).
- New beer garden to come to Cannonborough (Post & Courier).
- Chef Benjamin Harris Leaves Republic Reign (Eater Charleston).
- Early morning fire rips through Goose Creek home (News 2).
- NCPD: Man injured in drive-by shooting (ABC News 4).
- Blitz On 2 – Week 6 Lowcountry High School Football schedule & scores (News 2).
Columbia City Ballet to perform in Charleston (Charleston City Paper).
- Starbucks to replace Java City inside Addlestone Library (Eater Charleston).
Video: Art on Paper Fair coming to the Gibbes (Charleston City Paper).
- SC launches new ID theft unit (News 2).
- Wild Rumpus; Pop-Ups at the Pretend Store (Eater Charleston).
Immigration Reform Groups Gather Saturday in Goose Creek (Goose Creek Patch).
- Furloughed Beaufort base workers take protest to streets (Island Packet).
Patch Readers Love the Mason Jar…and Salad is Just the Start (Charleston Patch).
- The Pizza Ship is Sinking and Serving Ranch (Eater Charleston).
- Upstate girding for advancing tropical weather (The State).
- Lowcountry to Washington: You better listen up (Post & Courier).
- State commission waives ban on talking about sale of Charleston School of Law to C of C (Post & Courier).
- SC Gov. Nikki Haley to campaign for Virginia governor candidate (The State).
- Detectives go undercover, arrest massage parlor employee for prostitution (Live 5 News).
- Facebook, texts used to crack Fountain Inn homicide case (Post & Courier).
- BCSO: More than $6,000 worth of drugs found in Goose Creek home (ABC News 4).
- Clemson is sure to feel the heat in its first road trip to Syracuse (Post & Courier).
- Gamecocks won’t be surprised by Kentucky’s two-quarterback offense (Post & Courier).
Beagle-mania Sweeps Charleston! Pet Helpers Announces Adoption Event For Rescued Dogs
Pet Helpers will be hosting an adoption event on Saturday, August 20, 2022 for the 18 beagles transferred to its...