- ‘Georgetown’s Worst Nightmare Became a Reality’; Cleanup, Search for Cause Begins (Georgetown Times).
- Fatal accident closes Trolley Road (Live 5 News).
- The perception of racial trouble still lingers in Charleston (Post & Courier).
Charleston Mayor Joe Riley condemns alleged racial discrimination at downtown hotel (Charleston City Paper).
Burglar Breaks in on Kids Waiting for School Bus (Charleston Patch).
Sesame Street Composer Found Guilty of Child Pornography (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Candidates entering homestretch in race for Senate Dist. 42 (Post & Courier).
Still no word on Billy Shuman’s campaign donors … four days before the election (Charleston City Paper).
- Police: Mt. Pleasant man hit teen girl with piece of wood (ABC News 4).
Governor, Commerce travel costs down (Live 5 News).
Poll Managers Needed in Mt. Pleasant for Nov. 5 Election (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- 3 bear cubs found in SC to be returned to wild (ABC News 4).
- Theater review: Kimberly Akimbo is a weird and funny comedy (Charleston City Paper).
- News 2 investigates your tax dollars (News 2).
- Recent CCSO deputies, SLED agent trip to Oklahoma cost over $4K (Live 5 News).
- Video Released: Detention Officer Assault Charge (News 2).
- Report: Woman steals $400 worth of items from Victoria’s Secret (ABC News 4).
- Outside The Senate, DeMint Appears More Powerful Than Ever (NPR).
- How state utilities and the legislature continue to thwart solar power proponents (Charleston City Paper).
- Piggly Wiggly employee retires after 52 years (ABC News 4).
- History: Haunted Charleston (Charleston Mag).
- Criminal domestic charge dismissed for school employee (Live 5 News).
- Family Circle Tennis Center helps bring Daniel Island business (ABC News 4).
- Tractor-trailer carrying pigs overturns in Greenwood (WISTV).
- Affidavit: Men charged in Marley Lion murder connected to earlier robbery (Live 5 News).
- Farmer says labor shortage may doom strawberry harvest (Live 5 News).
- Fire guts building on U.S. 17, causing massive traffic snarl (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry sign business to rebuild after fire (ABC News 4).
- Hotel planned for site of former Mount Pleasant restaurants, church chapel (Post & Courier).
- Mignon Clyburn’s making her mark as acting head of FCC (Politico).
- Report: Man faces drug charges after report of shots fired (ABC News 4).
- Clemson defense looks to sustain its surge against Wake Forest (Post & Courier).
- Investigators: Two found dead in hot tub on Edisto Beach (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Southern faces tough challenge at Appalachian State (Post & Courier).
- Estes takes one-shot lead in Charleston Ladies City Amateur golf (Post & Courier).
- Bi-Lo discloses how much it’s paying for Piggly Wiggly stores (Post & Courier).
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...