A handful of Charleston institutions will be offering free admission during this Saturday’s “Museum Day Live!” event hosted by Smithsonian Magazine. Each year the publication encourages galleries and historical locations throughout the country to offer free access to anyone for one day, much like the Smithsonian Museums do on an everyday basis.
The Holy City establishments that will be participating (click each for address, telephone number, and hours):
- Drayton Hall
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Halsey Institute of Contemporary Art at the College of Charleston School of the Arts
- The Powder Magazine
- The South Carolina Historical Society
To get in for free, you just need to print out a Museum Day ticket! Each ticket is good for two people.
Museums outside the Charleston area that will be particpating include:
- Andrew Jackson State Park (Lancaster)
- Children’s Museum of South Carolina (Myrtle Beach)
- Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum (Myrtle Beach)
- Lexington County Museum (Lexington)
- McKissick Museum (Columbia)
- Museum & Gallery at Bob Jones University (Greenville)
- Museum & Gallery at Heritage Green (Greenville)
- National Steeplechase Museum (Camden)
- South Carolina State Museum (Columbia)
- Spartanburg Art Museum (Spartanburg)
- Spartanburg Regional History Museum (Spartanburg)
- Spartanburg Science Center (Spartanburg)
- The Museum and Railroad Historical Center (Greewood)
Click here for more information on Museum Day Live!.
Charleston County Parks Debuts 5K Trail Race Series
Charleston County Parks today introduced a 5K trail race series that will be held at Caw Caw Interpretive Center, Johns...