The Mozart in the South Festival returns to the Holy City beginning this Friday. This year’s event features a handful of activities presented by Chamber Music Charleston, a nonprofit organization dedicated to “the advancement of classical music through chamber music performances and educational programs of high artistic quality performed by musicians of the Lowcountry.”
Here’s a look at the festival schedule:
Friday, September 20th
- 5 pm – Violin Masterclass – Sottile Theatre
- Guest violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn leads a masterclass for some of Charleston’s most accomplished student violinists.
- 7:30 pm – Beethoven: His Women & His Music – Sottile Theatre
- A Collaboration between Chamber Music Charleston and Actors Theatre of SC
Saturday, September 21st
- 8:30 am – Little Mozart Circus – Marion Square
- A free outdoor family event showcasing music educational opportunities in Charleston
Sunday, September 22nd
- 3 pm – Finale Concert – Cathedral of St. Luke & St. Paul
- Featuring acclaimed concert violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn performing on the 1720 “Red Mendelssohn” Stradivarius.
Certified SC & Lee Bros. Share SEWE Chefs’ Stage Lineup
Certified SC, The Lee Bros. (Matt and Ted), and some of the Palmetto State’s best food vendors will return for...