- OK governor signs extradition papers for Veronica’s biological father (ABC News 4).
- Rumor: I’ve heard from multiple sources that another personal information security breach is being announced tomorrow. I can’t confirm the entity yet, but It is not the Department of Revenue. I hope to have more info on this tonight.
- Police Pull Suicidal Man from Bridge (Charleston Patch).
- Officials: Maintenance man saves resident from burning apartment (Live 5 News).
- Employee on leave pending consolidated dispatch center investigation (Live 5 News).
- Gov. Haley responds to same-sex marriage lawsuit (ABC News 4).
- Syria conflict could mean boost in business for a Ladson auto maker (Live 5 News).
- TV Host Chuck Hughes Likes Charleston, Plain and Simple (Post & Courier).
- Gang concerns drive Summerville to try out police rapid response team (Post & Courier).
- Wanted burglary suspect caught on tape at meat store (Live 5 News).
- What you need to know about Southern Season (Charleston City Paper).
- Opens Thursday in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- Child shocked by hand dryer in North Charleston Elementary bathroom after taunts from kids (News 2).
- Former Army captain from Johns Island gets 10 years for heroin smuggling (Post & Courier).
- Abuse of a Vulnerable Adult alleged (News 2).
- Charleston to Wait a Few More Days For Lebanese Cooking (And, Possibly, Armenian Singing) [Post & Courier]
- The Southern General pulls rank on the Johns Island dining scene (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston police arrest suspect in armed robbery on Wateree Drive (Post & Courier).
- Will New York City Pizza Be Worth a Slice? (Eater CHS).
- Police arrest two teens for sexually assaulting boy at Sumter High (News 2).
- Murder-for-hire suspect asks for break in his support payments to wife who was target of alleged plot (Post & Courier).
- Unlike feral hogs, coyotes may be a Lowcountry nuisance we can live with (Post & Courier).
- Shucking the Facts on Leon’s Oyster Shop (Eater CHS).
- Columbia isn’t the only town to criminalize homelessness (Charleston City Paper).
Military Personnel Get Jumpstart on Day of Caring (Summerville Patch).
- Lowcountry veteran receives new home from Operation Homefront (News 2).
- 1 injured as golf cart collides with drink cart on Seabrook Island (Post & Courier).
- Fatal auto-pedestrian wreck an ‘honest accident,’ family says (Live 5 News).
8 Killed on S.C. Roads During Labor Day Weekend (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Whooping cough cases rise in SC Upstate (Live 5 News).
- Southern states are winning when it comes to luring workers (Carolina Live).
- A-B-Charleston-Distillery-E-F-G-High Wire (Good for the Palate).
- Body found on campus of Benedict College (Live 5 News).
- Battery’s Azira called up to Uganda national team (ABC News 4).
- Updated: Kindred Healthcare sells Mount Pleasant hospital to Vibra (Post & Courier).
- 911 calls released in North Park Grill shooting (ABC News 4).
- PURE hires Laurens Wilson as new managing director (Charleston City Paper).
- Judge dismisses suit over SC Republican party registration (ABC News 4).
- Thief breaks into a dozen cars in Summerville neighborhood (Live 5 News).
- Grain in focus at Middleton Place (The Digitel Charleston).
- Keeping businesses happy so they stay in Charleston County (Charleston City Paper).
- New Walterboro trail to memorialize Colleton County native (ABC News 4).
- Lowcountry man among 5 sentenced in North Carolina for armed home invasion (Post & Courier).
- Coroner identifies motorcyclists struck, killed by alleged drunk driver (Live 5 News).
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...