- Hearings over, mediation deal reached in Veronica custody case (ABC News 4).
- Detention officer accused of repeatedly punching restrained inmate (Live 5 News).
- NCPD: Teen arrested for sexually assaulting 4-year-old (ABC News 4).
- Charleston City Council to take up texting-while-driving ban next week (Post & Courier).
- Downtown traffic back to normal following another day of flooding (Live 5 News).
- Army Corps runs out of sand for Miami-Dade beaches; S.C. holds steady for now (Post & Courier).
Jenny Sanford eyes College of Charleston presidency (Charleston City Paper).
- Mt P Police look for suspected purse thief (ABC News 4).
Charleston Area Ranks Most Dangerous for Motorists (North Charleston Patch).
- SC emails show threat of hearing prompted pact (ABC News 4).
- As the Neck develops and placemakers set an agenda, will the black community be included or neglected again? (Charleston City Paper).
Officer Commended for Stopping Potential Suicide (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Enjoy Labor Day weekend with wine and craft beer at Freshfields Village (Digitel Charleston).
- Benefitfocus files for initial public offering (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
Kimpson Sweeps up Post-Election Endorsements (Charleston Patch).
- Kelly scores twice as Battery beats Antigua (Live 5 News).
- Boeing 787 Hit by Setback With Fire-Extinguisher Wiring Flaw (Bloomberg).
- Report: Xanax made child neglect suspects ‘cocky’ (ABC News 4).
- Suspect in Dorchester County fatal club shooting in custody (Post & Courier).
- Benefit concert for Darin Kingery Saturday night (ABC News 4).
- Longtime Charleston industry recruiter dies at 98 (Post & Courier).
- Clemson: 2 more men arrested for Howard’s Rock vandalism (ABC News 4).
Citadel Awarded Grant for Science Teachers (Charleston Patch).
- Accused arsonist released (ABC News 4).
- Jazz Festival funds scholarships for medical students (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Patriots Point saw 9 percent more visitors last year (Post & Courier).
- Judge sets arguments on Charleston cruise case (ABC News 4).
- Museum honors chaplains in service Seeking military memorabilia Museum honors chaplains in service (Post & Courier).
- S.C. Class of 2013 sets record for scholarships (Post & Courier).
- Driver who led deputies on high speed chase turns himself in (ABC News 4).
- Green Space Dedicated to MUSC President (ABC News 4).
Colin Quinn to perform at Theatre 99 (Charleston City Paper).
- S.C. foreclosure activity down nearly 28% year-over-year (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
City of Charleston Hosting Mayor’s Roundtable on Brain Health
On Monday, June 27th, from 1 pm to 3 pm, Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg, the city of Charleston Mayor’s Office...