Today’s Post & Courier features a front page story regarding the salaries of area superintendents. The publication also lists the top 5 earners in select counties and asks if those leaders are worth the cost.
You can read the entire article here (assuming you have an online subscription).
Salaries (info from Post & Courier’s 7/21/13 issue)
National/Regional Averages for Superintendents’ Salaries
- $226,651 – National Average for districts with more than 25,000 students (All districts listed, except Dorchester 2 & 4, are above this threshold).
- $163,666 – Average for districts in the Southeast, including SC
- $161,992 – National Average for all districts
Area Salaries with comparisons
- $223,022 – Nancy McGinley, Charleston County Superintendent
- $219,305 – William Royster, Jr. – Greenville County Superintendent
- $211,191 – Cynthia Elsberry – Horry County Superintendent
- $169,621 – Bill Lewis, Charleston County Chief Operating Officer
- $167,123 – Joe Pye, Dorchester 2 Superintendent
- $163,800 – Rodney Thompson, Berkeley County Superintendent
- $162,816 – Charleston Mayor Joseph Riley, Jr.
- $124,400 – Sean Alford, Dorchester 2 Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and instruction
- $122,400 – Linda Huffman, Dorchester 2 Assistant Superintendent of Personnel and Administration
- $106,078 – Governor Nikki Haley
- $106,000 – Jerry Montjoy, Dorchester 4 Superintendent
- $92,007 – Mick Zais, SC Department of Education Superintendent
Memorial Service for Medal of Honor Recipient Hershel “Woody” Williams to be Held Friday at Patriots Point
Press Release On Friday, July 1st at 10:30 am, Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum and the Congressional Medal of...