- Defense contractor laying off hundreds in Goose Creek (Live 5 News).
- Father, other Oklahoma relatives file to adopt Baby Veronica as James Island couple seek adoption OK (Post & Courier).
- Chantal has Charleston in its sights, but much could change (ABC News 4).
- Rain, tropical storm bearing down on Lowcountry again (Post & Courier).
- Police: Man had medical condition, crashed into building (Live 5 News).
Town Considers Texting-While-Driving Ban (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Authorities call off search for suspect along Ladson Road (Live 5 News).
Former CP columnist Jack Hunter tangled in “neo-Confederate” controversy (Charleston City Paper).
- Endangered wolves get new home at Charlestowne Landing (ABC News 4).
- House Democrats want apology from Haley on voter fraud claims (WISTV).
CofC student’s Android app is a selfie-taker’s dream (Charleston City Paper).
- Judge issues $500K bond to third man charged in Cycle Gear melee, shooting (Live 5 News).
- Top Cop Competition to raise money for Dorchester County deputy’s family (Post & Courier).
- SC Gov. Nikki Haley says she was abused as a child (The State).
- John Steinberger elected new chair of Charleston County GOP (Post & Courier).
- Trident, Roper in limbo after hospital oversight program cut (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Sharks off the coast of Sullivan’s and IOP (WCBD).
- Missing James Island woman found safe in N. Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Exchange Club funds kids’ visit to Patriots Point (ABC News 4).
- Two Greenville families die in Alaska plane crash (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Tombstones vandalized at Berkeley County historic church (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Walmart stores raised $189K for MUSC Children’s Hospital (ABC News 4).
- Kroger to buy Harris Teeter (Charlotte Observer).
- Deal worth $2.44B (ABC News 4).
- Summerville sleep center granted accreditation (ABC News 4).
- Eutawville teen, man drown in Myrtle Beach (Live 5 News).
- Smoke-free discussion brings emotional responses, no action from Berkeley County Council (Post & Courier).
- N. Charleston man indicted for stealing government property (Live 5 News).
- No bus-fare hike included in CARTA budget (Post & Courier).
- Lawyer: Charleston man denies connection to DEA Bitcoin seizure and illicit Silk Road drug marketplace (Post & Courier).
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...