It’s been a busy news day in Charleston and throughout the country. To keep you in the loop, here’s a look at some of the top stories:
- Supreme Court gives two big victories for gay rights (CNN).
- Part of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was defeated
- Same-sex marriages to resume in California.
Charleston’s LGBT community reacts to the DOMA/Prop 8 rulings (Charleston City Paper).
- NFL player Aaron Hernandez arrested, released by New England Patriots (ESPN).
- Source: Murder-for-hire suspect commits suicide (Live 5 News).
- Murder suspect Jeff Eady returns to face charges (ABC News 4).
- Summerville teen recovering from Kiawah shark attack (Live 5 News).
- Mt. Pleasant mayor not seeking re-election, source says (Live 5 News).
Inaugural Holy City Homegrown Festival Featuring Local Musicians, Beer, and Bourbon Set for July 16th
On Saturday, July 6th, Holy City Brewing will host the inaugural Holy City “Homegrown” Beer Festival presented by the brewery,...