So…it turns out some Charleston-area bridges aren’t what you would call “super safe.” Specifically, seven bridges in Charleston County made AAA Carolina’s list of the state’s 20 most substandard bridges.
Here’s a look at the county’s guilty seven and where they placed on the list:
- I-26 over SC 7 in North Charleston (3)
- I-26 over Midland Park Rd. in North Charleston (6)
- US 17 over a CSX railroad track in North Charleston (7)
- SC 171 over Wappoo Creek, 1 mile south of James Island (8)
- US 17 over Ashley River in Charleston (16)
- US 17 over 17 Northbound to Coleman Blvd in Mt. Pleasant (17)
- SC 7 over Ashley River in North Charleston (18)
Most of the structures listed were at least 40 years old, but the bridge over the North Charleston railroad track was built just 8 years ago.
None of the bridges are scheduled to have repairs done at this time.
You can view the state’s entire list here.
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila to host Dia de los Muertos Event on November 1st
Jalisco Taqueria and Tequila on James Island will host a Dia de los Muertos event on Monday, November 1st from...
City of Charleston Office of Cultural Affairs Announces City Gallery Exhibition, Prototype for a Landscape
Internet sensation Gogo Cuerva to Perform at Holy City Magic
The Midnight City to Perform at The Windjammer on Halloween
Charleston Horticultural Society Announces 20th Annual Fall Garden Tour
Moranz Entertainment Celebrates 26 Years of the Charleston Christmas Special
Lasagna Night at Post House Benefits Program to Help New Moms
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized4 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News2 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie