The NFL held its annual college draft this past Thursday through Saturday and many athletes from state institutions were either drafted or signed afterwards with teams.
Here’s a look at who’s going where:
- Charleston Southern
- CB Charles James signed with the New York Giants.
- Clemson University
- Wide Receiver DeAndre Hopkins was picked in the first round, (27th overall) by the Houston Texans.
- Defensive End Malliciah Goodman was taken in the fourth round by the Atlanta Falcons.
- Jonathan Meeks was chosen in the fifth round selection by the Buffalo Bills.
- Andre Ellington went in the sixth round to the Arizona Cardinals.
- Running back Jerodis Williams and Tight End Colin Anderson both signed with the Minnesota Vikings.
- University of South Carolina
- Safety D.J. Swearinger was picked in the second round by the Houston Texans.
- Wide Receiver Ace Sanders was the 101st overall selection in the draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Running Back Marcus Lattimore was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers with the 131st pick.
- Defensive End Devin Taylor was taken one pick later by the Detroit Lions.
- Linebacker DeVonte Holloman was selected in the sixth round by the Dallas Cowboys.
- Center T.J. Johnson went to the Cincinnati Bengals with the 251st pick.
- Tight End Justice Cunningham was the last pick in the draft and will be joining the Indianapolis Colts.
- South Carolina State
- Defensive back Jakar Hamilton signed with the Dallas Cowboys.
Second Annual Car Show in Summerville Benefits Families Living with Alzheimer’s and Related Dementia
The ARK of South Carolina announced that it will be hosting its second annual Car Show on Saturday, March 25th...