***UPDATE 12/18*** 6:05 pm – The Ordinary announced they will open TOMORROW at 3 pm.
The much-anticipated opening of The Ordinary is probably going to occur this week. The restaurant, which is located at 544 King Street, was created by Chef Mike Lata and Adam Nemirow, who last partnered with the wildly successful FIG Restaurant. This previous experience is certainly the source of the city’s excitement over this new effort.
The Charleston City Paper got the first look at the new oyster hall and here are some of the important details they uncovered (but are subject to change):
- The raw bar only will be served from 3-5:30 p.m. followed by full service menu until 10 p.m. They’ll be closed on Mondays.
- The rum list is extensive and impressive. The signature cocktail is the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club Cocktail made with Mt. Gay.
- Don’t expect a big red Cabernet on the wine list. Nemirow has curated the list to complement seafood. Order a glass of the Muscadet with your first plate of oysters. You won’t be sorry.
- The menu is designed for grazing with salads and cold plates, sandwiches (lobster roll!), and hot plates too.
- The seafood towers come in one, two, and three heights.The caviar is from Alabama and Mississippi.
- The oysters will give you some insight into the local waters, from Bulls Bay to the ACE Basin.
- Lata promises the food will be simple, not cheffy.
- If you’re looking for an app/entree/dessert situation, you will be able to order the entree of the day (plat du jour) which will come with a salad and a dessert. Lata is hoping to keep the price low enough to make locals very happy.
Thanks to the City Paper for finding out all these details!
Miranda Lambert & Little Big Town to Play Credit One Stadium with The Cadillac Three
Country superstars Miranda Lambert & Little Big Town will perform at the newly-renovated Credit One Stadium, formerly the Volvo Car...