Election Day 2012 is nearly upon us. The Presidential race is shaping up to be a close one, which should make for an exciting night. Meanwhile there is plenty to pay attention to on the local level as well. Here is all you need to know for Election Day:
- HERE is an interactive demo of the Touch Screen Voting Machines you will encounter.
- The Post & Courier has samples of each ballot HERE.
- The City Paper lets you know when the best times to vote are.
- Watch the local races as they are reported, as well as how SC votes for the President.
- Find your local candidates, broken up by county.
- There will also be a constitutional amendment up for vote, HERE is an explanation of the measure.
- There are a few myths floating around, find out which ones are true HERE.
- Do you know where the Presidential nominees stand on the major issues? The Post & Courier lets you know HERE.
- The newspaper also has some articles about the local races (you have to scroll down passed the Presidential pieces).
- Find your voting location HERE or, simply enter your address in the provided field HERE.
- If you’re planning on enjoying a celebratory or consolation beverage at the end of the night, you should probably read THIS.
- Did you know a few places are offering FREEBIES when you show them your “I Voted” sticker? Check them out HERE.
- Do you need a ride to the polls? ABC News 4 has details on how you can get there.
- And yes, despite what some fliers that were circulating in West Ashley said, Democrats are voting on Tuesday with everyone else.
- Social Media user? Be sure to use “#chsvote” to tell people about lines and such.
Charleston Weekend Events
There’s ALWAYS something to do in Charleston – especially on the weekend. If you need help finding plans, just consult...