As you may already know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which means you will be seeing a lot of the color pink in the coming weeks. The Lowcountry always does a great job of drawing attention to this cause and this year won’t be any different.
1. The Komen Lowcountry Race for the Cure, always the pinnacle event of October, is set for the 20th.
2. Worship in Pink will take place at area churches on October 27th and 28th.
3. ABC News 4 lets you know where you can get pink extensions for your hair.
4. The Second Annual Rockers 4 Knockers benefit concert will take place on the 14th on Shem Creek.
5. Up until October 25th you can purchase a pink card at Tanger Outlet for savings at participating stores. Proceeds benefit the Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC.
6. Charleston Mariott Business Council is hosting the Rally for the Cure today (Oct 2nd) at the Daniel Island Country Club.
7. The Roper St. Francis Cancer Care will hold its 6th Annual Ladies Night Out on the 16th.
8. Sea Kayak Carolina will host a tour for breast cancer on the 7th.
9. On the 13th the Trek Women Breast Cancer Awareness Ride will be held at the Awendaw Green.
10. The Jerry Zucker Charleston Ride for Hope Weekend will take place on the 15th and 16th.
12. Also be sure to click on the button on the Breast Cancer Site to help fund mammograms. You can click everyday!
Carolina Ice Palace to Host 22nd Annual Ice Show, “Broadway on Ice”
The Carolina Ice Palace (CIP) will present “Broadway on Ice” on Saturday, December 10th at 6 pm and Sunday, December...