Travel is still not advised, so do not travel unless you have to. If you must go out, be sure to clear all snow and ice from your vehicle’s windows, lights, and roof. Drive slowly.
Low temperatures and wind chills will cause much of the snow/ice to remain on roads and bridges. Temperatures are not expected to warm above freezing until 11 am, but black ice will continue to be a concern throughout the day and likely all weekend.
Although I will update this post often, you can get even more up-to-date and detailed information on my Twitter account (you do not need a Twitter account to see it): https://twitter.com/HolyCitySinner
Latest Information (updated at 6:46 pm)
- Winter Weather Advisory for Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley counties has been extended until Friday at 11 am
- Expect continued hazardous conditions on the roads as well as extremely low wind chills in the teens expected tomorrow morning
- Despite some snow melting today, temperatures will quickly fall below freezing tonight. Any wet spots on the roadways will refreeze, causing treacherous travel conditions due to black ice. Avoid travel if possible
- For an updated list of road and bridge closures, click here.
- The City of Charleston declared a state of emergency
- North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey declared a state of emergency
- Dorchester County has issued another curfew (North Charleston and Summerville are except). The curfew starts at 6 pm and runs until 10 am on Friday.
- Governor Henry Mcmaster has authorized the National guard to help with winter weather recovery
- The Charleston Airport says that all of today’s scheduled flights are canceled due to snow and ice coverage on the runways and taxiways.
- Due to ongoing hazardous road conditions, CARTA and TriCounty Link will not operate on Thursday.
- CARTA will begin operations at noon on Friday. That means buses will be at their scheduled locations at 12 pm. There will be no morning Express service. Please be advised: delays and cancellations of service are possible as conditions dictate.
- TriCounty Link will not run on Friday
- The Charleston County Citizens Info Line is (843) 764-3900
- Get some Cold Weather Tips here
- Click here for a list of warming shelters that are open
- See a list of closings and cancellations here
Generator Safety/Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
The primary hazards to avoid when using a generator are carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning from the toxic engine exhaust, electric shock or electrocution, and fire. Follow the directions supplied with the generator.
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, basement, crawlspace or any partially enclosed area.
- Keep these devices outdoors, away from doors, windows and vents that could allow carbon monoxide to come indoors.
- Opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent CO buildup in the home. Although CO can’t be seen or smelled, it can rapidly lead to full incapacitation and death. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO. If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY – DO NOT DELAY.
For more winter weather tips please visit Charleston County’s Emergency Management page
If you must go out, these places are open.
First Black Food Truck Festival to Be Held at Patriots Point Next Month
On both Saturday, November 13th and Sunday, November 14th, the first Black Food Truck Festival will be held at Patriots...
Motherland Essentials Hosts Halloween Lane at Summerville Warehouse
Tickets Now on Sale for the 38th Annual Lowcountry Oyster Festival
Trey Kennedy to Perform at the Charleston Gaillard Center in January
College of Charleston Concert Choir to Present “Songs for Thanksgiving” Performance
Holy Smokes Lowcountry Barbecue Festival Announces VIP Chefs
New Muse Concerts to Present “Blueprint” at Multiple Charleston Venues
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized4 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events4 days ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview3 days ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News3 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie