The second iteration of the Charleston Arts Festival will once again celebrate area creatives working across genres like music, dance, visual arts, comedy, culinary arts, and more. The 2017 edition features periodic events from Friday, September 22nd until Saturday, October 28th.
The festival will celebrate creators of all types through a variety of events held throughout the Charleston area. You can see this year’s schedule below:
Friday, September 22nd
- 7:30 am: Creative Mornings at Redux Contemporary Art Center
- Creative Mornings, Charleston’s ever-popular AM-wake-up call for creatives, will be partnering with the Charleston Arts Festival for its September number featuring noted singer-activist Leah Suarez as she explores the multi-faceted topic of “Compassion.” Admission is free, but reservations must be made in advance via www.creativemornings.com.
- 7 pm: PBR Art Showcase at Redux Contemporary Art Center
- The Charleston Arts Festival will collaborate with Pabst Blue Ribbon Chucktown and Redux in presenting the third annual PBR Art Showcase. This unique and high energy event will feature PBR-themed artwork across various media from paint to fabric to sculptural. Artwork will remain on display until October 1, 2017
- The opening for the Showcase itself will be a big-time party with free PBR and a variety of the city’s finest musicians lending their talents to the evening: Mystical Half Dozen, Alan Fame featuring Aaron Hines with Brandon Brooks with spinning by DJ KY
Friday, September 29th
- 5:30 pm: Art Ride
- ART RIDE will be the result of a most unique partnering between four Charleston arts entities– the Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation, The Southern Gallery, Beresford Studios, and the Charleston Arts Festival– and our bike advocacy group, Charleston Moves. This collaboration will link together and put on wheels three distinct and three distinctly important arts-related programs for an all-evening emphasis on our vibrant creative community. In September 2016, the Donnelley Foundation invited Artspace, the nation’s leading non-profit developers for the arts, to administer an online survey to further assess the potential success of an affordable multi-use facility in the Charleston region. Nearly 400 individual artists and arts organizations participated in the survey on various areas of need within the local artistic community. This evening’s program will reveal the results of this survey and preview several arts-related space concepts under development. The event is free and the public is invited to attend, but seating is limited.
- For event tickets,visit www.Eventbrite.com. For more details, visit www.gddf.org
Thursday, October 5th
- 6:30 pm: Pecha Kucha XXVII at Charleston Music Hall
- Almost nine years after the very first Pecha Kucha in Charleston, a twenty-seventh Pecha Kucha– still all-volunteer and still edgy and thought-provoking– will blast into the Music Hall. This batch of stellar presenters will be eight Charleston superstar artists and will be revealed week-by-week as the PK 27 date approaches.
- Tim Hussey, who presented at that historic Pecha Kucha I, will serve as the emcee for this very special evening.
- Pecha Kucha XXVII will also be part of the celebration of Art Mag’s ten years of publication.
- Click here for more information
Thursday and Friday, October 12th and 13th
- 8 pm: Myth of an Atom at Redux Contemporary Arts Center
- “Myth of an Atom” is the brainchild of New York-based duo, visual designer Christian Hannon (NON Visuals) and musician/producer Fallen Atom. Eclectically fusing elements of hip hop, R&B, future bass, and electronic soundscapes with fluid, sound reactive imagery, this audiovisual performance explores the nature of light, sound, and the cinematic experience with a live band. Atom and Hannon are accompanied by other musicians behind a translucent screen that is projection mapped by Hannon’s visuals, creating a holographic effect. The visuals and music are of a modular nature, making each show a unique adventure for the viewer and the performers.
- Hannon and Atom are originally Charleston natives who debuted their project locally at the Charleston Arts Festival Finale in October of 2016.
Saturday, October 28
- 4 pm: Halloween Finale at The Royal American
- As an extension of its uber-successful JAIL BREAK series, the Charleston Arts Festival will take over the Royal American for its Halloween-crazed Finale.
- Musical headliners will be Matadero, Beach Tiger, Benjamin Starr & Guests, and headliner Brave Baby. DJ Sista Misses will be spinning throughout the evening. These musical performances will be complemented with interludes by the troupe of Dance Lab as well as by visual art displays, a costume contest, and other interactive festivities.
For full festival details and schedule, visit www.charlestonartsfestival.com.
Dashi to Host Mexican Wine Dinner with Cardel Wines on November 20th
Dashi will be hosting their first Mexican Wine Dinner with Cardel Wines on Saturday, November 20th from 5 pm to...
Butt Stuff Happening This Weekend at Estadio
Park Circle Gallery to exhibit works by Brad Carroll and Lee Garrard
15th Annual Nuovo Cinema Italiano Film Festival Kicks Off November 4th
2nd Annual Halloween Bar Crawl on King Street Scheduled for 10/30
2022 Charleston Wine + Food Tickets Go On Sale Thursday
Traveling Dinosaur Exhibit Rolling into North Charleston
- Uncategorized9 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Appreciating Whisky Online Singapore Drinks
- Uncategorized3 months ago
How to Plan Your Home Budget
- Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
- Uncategorized5 months ago
Best Live Dealer Games Providers for Non-GamStop Players
- Weekend Preview1 day ago
Charleston Weekend Events
- News3 weeks ago
Marvel Star in Charleston to Scout Location for New Movie